As part of our guide on publishing on the iBooks Store, this post goes through the process of downloading and installing iTunes Producer on your Mac.
iTunes Producer is the only way to prepare your book if you want to sell it on the iBookstore. It will allow you to package up your book for submission, edit the book details and upload cover art.
Downloading and installing iTunes Producer
- Log in to iTunes Connect.
- You’ll be presented with the iTunes Connect dashboard.
- Click on the icon for ‘Resources and Help’.
- Click on menu option no. 5 – ‘Submit your book’.
You’ll need a Mac with OS X v10.10 or later, at least 20 GB of available hard disk space, and a broadband Internet connection with an upload speed of 1 Mbps or faster. The download file is 396 MB.
- Click on the iTunes Producer download link and then accept the Software License Agreement once downloaded.
- You’ll need to put your Apple ID and password in to connect iTunes Producer with your iTunes Connect account.
- You’re finished!
Dan Kemp is Red Jumper’s Community Manager. He spends his time spreading the word about Book Creator and supporting people who use it.