iPad Monthly is a new professional development newsletter for teachers using iPads in the classroom.
This fantastic new resource is the brainchild of Paul Hamilton, a teacher and Apple Distinguished Educator. He is a long-time fan of Book Creator and has produced some invaluable video tutorials on using Book Creator.
Paul has also contributed to this blog with his lovely story of how he worked with his daughter to create a high quality ebook that they published to the iBooks Store.
What does iPad Monthly contain?
- Links to practical, easy to follow video tutorials (created by Paul) for teachers.
- Focus on Teaching & Learning.
- Age appropriate App recommendations that have been used by real students and real teachers.
- Direct links to the curriculum.
- Links to global trends in education technology – coding, robotics, etc.
- Links to other iPad leading technologists.
- 6 lesson ideas in each edition.
As a taster of what to expect, here is Paul’s tutorial on using the new Shapes tool in Book Creator to carry out a 2D math investigation.
This tutorial was produced exclusively for iPad Monthly but Paul has kindly allowed us to share it here. You’ll need to subscribe to get more great tutorials like this!
“We love Book Creator at our school because it allows the students to focus on the learning, not the technology itself. This is what all hardware and software should aim to do in education.
“I don’t know about you but I find myself returning to my favourite apps when planning dynamic and rich activities for my students. I believe great apps provide teachers and students with the tools to make their own learning connections.
“So many schools have invested in iPads without investing in teacher Professional Development. The iPad Monthly newsletter is a quick, cost effective way of providing practical ways of integrating these powerful tools into the classroom.”