ISTE is nearly upon us again. Will you be joining us in Philadelphia?
The edtech extravaganza that is ISTE rolls into Philadelphia on 23 June. The Book Creator team will be there once again, and so here are our tips for which sessions to attend!
The #StudentVoice Speakeasy
We’ve teamed up with a host of other edtech apps to put on a Speakeasy on Monday night (24 June). Let’s celebrate together!
There are still limited spaces available – you can RSVP here to get your ticket. Don’t wait!
Websites, Apps & More
Leslie Fisher’s session is THE place to hear about the latest updates from your favourite apps.
SPOILER ALERT: Book Creator will be dropping a major announcement here this year…
Rethinking the Chromebook as a Creation Device
Want to go deeper? Holly Clark & Tanya Avrith are good friends of Book Creator. They’ll be announcing our update and exploring how to get creative in more detail. Last year they gave out Book Creator subscriptions to everyone in the audience #justsaying.
🤯 got a sneak peek at #ISTE18 and my MIND was BLOWN w the new updates! Love me some @BookCreatorApp! YOU are AWESOME, @joemerrill! Thank you for sharing this incredible resource! 🙌🏼💚✨ @theipodteacher 🤓 pic.twitter.com/l6dWAPr6hd
— Ann Kozma 📱🌎📖 (@annkozma723) August 29, 2018
Meet the Book Creator team
We don’t have a booth at ISTE, but we will be buzzing around the conference, attending sessions and generally looking great in our Book Creator comic t-shirts (not easy to miss!).
If you really want to see one of Dan, Dan or Jon, get along to the Early Learning Playground, or the Digital Storytelling Playground, where you can have a play with Book Creator to your heart’s content.
We’ll also be doing a few stints at the Google for Education booth in the main expo hall. Come and get a 3-minute demo to spark your creative use of Book Creator!
Get hands on with workshops featuring Book Creator
If you’ve paid for a Premium Registration you can attend the pre-conference workshops on Saturday – we recommend Shaelynn Farnsworth and Steven W. Anderson’s session: ‘Authentic Student Creation: Amplifying the 4 Cs‘, or ‘Everyday Extensions to Elevate Your Classroom‘, which also features Book Creator.
Or you could go along to Lance Key’s session ‘Increase Student Engagement With Interactive Design‘. Lance is a Book Creator Ambassador and author of a book on using Book Creator in the Mathematics classroom (to be published soon!).
Alternatively, you could go to ‘The Power To Create: Empowering Students Through Active Uses of Technology‘ from Apple Distinguished Educator Richard Colosi.
Other sessions featuring Book Creator
Hop along to these sessions and we may see you there. At the very least, you might get your hands on some Book Creator swag!
- Making a Plan! Placing Tasks Before Apps in Tech-Rich Classrooms — Monica Burns
- Bye Bye Boring Tests: Using Student Creation for K-12 Assessment — Cindy Herren, Kristen Brooks
- Roll the Tape! Creating Student-Centered Multimedia Using Book Creator, Flipgrid, & Clips — Josh Kern, Kate Manzanares, Cindy Herren
- You Should Write a Book! Publishing Student Work Using Book Creator — Carmel Hunt
- 4 Essential Steps to Engaging Student Creativity — Janice Harding, Dr. Jennifer Parker
- Personalized Learning: Giving Students Voice and Choice in Assessments — Todd Flory
- The Philly Special: A Tech Coach’s Playbook for Designing Tech-Enriched Lessons — Janine Conley, Julie Devine
- Sparking Creativity & Showcasing Student Work — Annabel Dotzman
- Interactive Ed Tech Choice Board — Ernest Gonzales
- The Chromebook-Infused Classroom — Holly Clark, Tanya Avrith
- 20 Ways to Begin Taming the Wild Text for Digital Readers — Monica Burns
- Leaping into Learning Lab — Elizabeth Blake
- Be BOLD: Take Student Voice to the Next Level — Heather Marrs, Traci Piltz, Kristen Brooks
Have we missed anything?! What are you looking forward to? Do you have any tips for making the most of ISTE? Drop us a comment below.
Dan Kemp is Tools for School’s Marketing & Community Manager. He spends his time spreading the word about Book Creator and supporting people who use it.