July 2020 Newsletter
Latest Book Creator news
Become a Book Creator Certified Author
We are excited to launch our new accreditation programme to help fast-track you to success with Book Creator!
Our self-paced training course is now available. View the 14 video lessons, take a quiz, and you will become a Book Creator Certified Author.
Book Creator Ambassador class of 2020
Applications for the class of 2020 are now open! We have over 850 ambassadors throughout the world, a great community of educators who support each other, contribute to the development of Book Creator and benefit from all sorts of perks!
Learn more about the program here.
The deadline for applications is Monday 31st August.
Using Book Creator for Writer's Workshop
Do you teach Reader's & Writer's Workshop? Have you considered how you could supercharge your curriculum by infusing Book Creator into every stage of the writing process?
We spoke to teachers who already benefit from using Book Creator for Writer's Workshop. We've written a case study with some great tips for implementing this yourself.
Teach Digital Citizenship with Book Creator
We have a number of brand new webinars scheduled this month, hosted by our Teacher Success Manager Jon Smith and also a few from Book Creator Ambassador Ben Sondgeroth.
See the full list at bookcreator.com/webinars
Here are a few choice ones:
- App-Smashing with Book Creator, Friday 3rd July
- The Book Creator You Never Knew, Weds 8th July
- Ignite Creativity in Your Chromebook Classroom with Book Creator and More! Tues, 14th July
- Book Creator Projects to Jump Start the School Year Monday 27th July
- Turn Your Elementary Students into Authors with Book Creator!
July Lesson spotlight
Have you seen our FREE ebooks full of lesson ideas for teachers? In this month's lesson spotlight, we’ve shared one special lesson from each book for you to explore this month. Check out the Resources section of your Teacher Dashboard for even more ideas!
Early Elementary (K-2)
Find it here: Using Emojis in the Classroom
Upper Elementary (3-5)
Find it here: Supporting Language Learners with Book Creator
Middle School (6-8)
Find it here: Ignite Creativity in your Chromebook Classroom
High School (9-12)
Find it here: 15 ways to use Book Creator for Reading Responses
Book Creator Ambassador spotlight
Pana Asavavatana, Taipei, Taiwan 🇹🇼
This month’s Book Creator Ambassador Spotlight is Pana Asavavatana. Pana is an early childhood educator at the Taipei American School in Taiwan. Her blog Ms. Pana Says includes stories from her work implementing STEAM curriculum with students in kindergarten, first and second grade.
In her role as a Technology and Design Coach, Pana has helped lead initiatives around 3D print design, coding and robotics, engineering, and digital and media literacy with K-2 students.
July Social Challenge
We'd love for you to win a special Book Creator mug!
Share a lesson idea or activity you’ve used with students working from home with the hashtag #BookCreatorChallenge and make sure to tag us so we can follow along and celebrate your creations!
We'll choose one lucky winner at random. Good luck!
Recently seen on Instagram:
- My Year 5 pupils and I @kidscourtschool created e-books on Spooky Stories using @bookcreatorapp. It was amazing. @olufunke_philip_
- It's Saturday morning in our house so it shouldn't be surprising that an impromptu @bookcreatorapp workshop materializes. #cvtechtalk techcoachjuarez
- #coding with @bookcreatorapp ?
Include IF/THEN statements?
Perfecting more coding blocks for the fall arrival of our Innovation Space! innovatetoeducate
- Retour sur un défi de la semaine relevé par les élèves. Trier, ranger, recomposer... tout un art ! Quelques propositions créatives et colorées de nos camarades, la suite est sur le @padlet dans un livret @bookcreatorapp. ecolefrancaiseessaouira
- LOVED THIS COURSE! The @BookCreatorApp has changed SO MUCH since I first became an ambassador and I am so excited they offer this course! It was definitely a great way to brush up on my skills and learn about all the updates! cuethelibrarian
- #BringCreativity newsletter May 2020
- #BringCreativity newsletter June 2020
- #BringCreativity newsletter August 2020
- An open letter to our Ambassadors
- 50 ways to use Book Creator in your classroom
- Joe Dale delivers Book Creator masterclass
- How the co-creator of Explain Everything uses Book Creator
- New resource for teachers: iLearn2
- #the262 – Book Creator marathon!
- Teaching SEL with Book Creator
- Putting publishing into the hands of students
- Teaching direct speech with Memes in Book Creator
Dan Kemp is Tools for School’s Marketing & Community Manager. He spends his time spreading the word about Book Creator and supporting people who use it.