June 2021 Newsletter
Latest Book Creator news
Exciting new image updates in Book Creator
Finding good quality, safe and legal images on the Internet for use in the classroom is super important and we’ve made several improvements recently to Book Creator to make this easier for you and your students.
In summary, we've added Voice search, the ability to block unsafe images, and image attribution.
SEL template books you can use today
Social Emotional Learning is one of the main priorities in education right now. We’ve made these activity book templates to help you focus on student wellbeing.
10 ideas to support Play-Based Learning over the Summer
Former math teacher Lainey Franks has written this insightful piece about how you can engage your students in learning over the summer – without them even realizing they are learning!
Upcoming webinars / conferences
We've got 3 scheduled webinars this month - slightly reduced as we will also be exhibiting at ISTELive 21 and the TCEA Elementary Technology Conference - hopefully we will see you there (come and win prizes!).
Don't forget you can watch past webinars at bookcreator.com/webinars.
- Keep Your Students Engaged to the End of the Year (and Beyond!)
Tuesday 8 June
- How to Use Book Creator for Professional Learning Opportunities
Tuesday 15 June w/Monica Burns
- Getting Started with Book Creator - Tuesday 22 June
Also check out our Book Creator Ambassador spotlight below for several more special learning opportunities.
Blog posts published this month:
Creating a collaborative teaching environment is easier than you think
by Teresa Lops
3 reasons why Book Creator is my go-to tool in Higher Education
by April Bice
Easy always wins – Lessons learned during a pandemic
by Jon Smith
June Lesson spotlight
Early Elementary (K-2)
Find it here: Using Emojis in the Classroom
Upper Elementary (3-5)
Find it here: Ignite Creativity in Your Chromebook Classroom
Middle School (6-8)
Find it here: Using Emojis in the Classroom
High School (9-12)
Find it here: Podcasting in the classroom
Book Creator Ambassador spotlight
Avra Robinson, Illinois, USA 🇺🇸
We've known Avra for a long time, working together with her and her colleagues at EdTechTeacher in Boston.
Avra Robinson has been teaching for 25 years and has dreamed of becoming a published author since winning the Illinois State Young Author’s Contest in 4th grade!
Avra has been teaching people how to use Book Creator for years now, including her 10-year-old son, who has barriers to expressing himself in writing. He loves the way he can dictate text to communicate his ideas.
This summer, Avra is leading a number of training sessions that feature Book Creator in various ways (including using Book Creator as a journal for participants to reflect on their learning).
Find out more by clicking the links and by following Avra on Twitter @avrarachel.
- Digital Storytelling: Creating & Publishing Dynamic Digital Stories
- Student Creation with Digital Tools
- Creating and Designing Digital Portfolios to Support Student Reflection & Engagement
- Creating & Designing Digital Learning Environments for Students
- Engaging Students with Chromebooks
- Student Creation in the iPad Classroom
- Creating Supportive Learning Learning Environments for Elementary
June Social Challenge
We'd love for you to win a special Book Creator mug!
Share a lesson idea or activity for using Book Creator. Use the hashtag #BookCreatorChallenge and make sure to tag us so we can follow along and celebrate your creations!
We'll choose one lucky winner at random. Good luck!
Congratulations to 김현주 from Busan, South Korea - our May winner!
Recent posts seen on Facebook
- What do you do when your students make so many books that one library (limit 200) is no long enough. Is there a way to change the size of the library?
- Greetings from Mongolia! I just joined to book creator today and got my certificate. I am so excited to discover this awesome digital platform. As a teacher, I am using the free teacher account. But it seems like it has MEDIA and SHAPES but not "COMIC". How can I get the comic option?
Enkhjargal Do Tsendjav
- Hi, can one still edit the book after sharing it with others? Thanks for the support
- Grazie a Book Creator per la tazza... è bellina bellina! Meglio di qualunque badge... YEAH! 🙃
David Del Carlo
Dan Kemp is Tools for School’s Marketing & Community Manager. He spends his time spreading the word about Book Creator and supporting people who use it.