August 2021 Newsletter
Latest Book Creator news
We hope you're enjoying your summer break (if that's where you are in the world!). For those of you beginning to think about going back to school, we have some resources you'll want to know about!
Back to School with Book Creator
We've put our heads together to come up with the ultimate back to school resource pack!
Head over to our blog post and you will find...
- Ideas for starting the school year
- Teacher-created resource ideas
- TWO NEW TEMPLATES
- Housekeeping to wrap up the school year
- A big summer giveaway! Win Book Creator licenses (we're celebrating 100 million books published in Book Creator!)
From the blog:
Book Creator Ambassador - Class of 2021
Applications are now open for our next intake of Book Creator Ambassadors. We're looking for educators who love Book Creator, and make it an integral part of their teaching. Successful applicants will join the Book Creator family, with over 1,000 happy Ambassadors across the world to date.
You have until 31st August to apply. ⏰
Join our Teacher Success Managers Jon and Catherine this month for one of our special webinars. View past webinars at bookcreator.com/webinars.
- What's New in Book Creator - Tues, 3rd August
- Creative Digital Citizenship Activities with Book Creator (with Monica Burns) - Tues, 10th August
- Back to School with Book Creator - Thurs, 12th August
- Getting Started with Book Creator - Thurs, 26th August
August Lesson spotlight
Early Elementary (K-2)
Upper Elementary (3-5)
Find it here: All About Me Book Template
Middle School (6-8)
Find it here: Using Emojis in the Classroom
High School (9-12)
Students at Doegweon Middle School in Suwon, South Korea weren't really engaging in their mathematics lessons. Until...
Teacher Judy Kim encouraged them to create an ebook explaining the math concepts they were practicing (in this case, irrational numbers).
Not only did this give them focus but they also got to practice English as well as math. The students first authored the book in Korean before publishing an English version.
Book Creator Ambassador spotlight
Jon Samuel, Salford, UK 🇬🇧
Jon Samuel joined the class of 2019 but has been using Book Creator for a lot longer than that.
Jon joined us last month in our Ambassador showcase to share how he helped staff in his school buy into using Book Creator. He was keen to get his school using Book Creator across the curriculum, and came up with some fantastic ideas.
Watch the video to see Jon talking about their combined geography/history projects, their catalogue of 3D printed Christmas decorations, and their book of school rewards (purchased using ClassDojo points!).
August Social Challenge
We'd love for you to win a special Book Creator mug!
Share a lesson idea or activity for using Book Creator. Use the hashtag #BookCreatorChallenge and make sure to tag us so we can follow along and celebrate your creations!
We'll choose one lucky winner at random. Good luck!
Congratulations to Christine Leeman from New Brunswick, Canada - our July winner!
Recent posts seen on Instagram
- A year and a half ago, in the midst of the global pandemic in which we could not leave home, Innoceana launched a gift to the world for all those children and adults who longed for the sea. 💙
We launched our first interactive online story #Innotales: “A turtle named Raquel” 🐢
A few days ago, the platform with which we create our Innotales, @bookcreatorapp launched an update with which we can now see, not only the visualizations of our stories, but also the countries in which they have been read, and we cannot be more surprised : the Innotales “A turtle named Raquel” in Spanish has had 23,819 views in 63 different countries. 😱
- Avete mai utilizzato @bookcreatorapp ? o sì, con dei ragazzi neo-arrivati per raccontare dei loro paesi di origine. Devo dire che è stata un'attività molto apprezzata 🌱
- Expanding upon a successful pilot program from 2020, this grant will provide all D205 elementary students with access to the Book Creator web-based app which significantly expands their options and opportunities to create high-performance digital works infused with a variety of text, speech, images, videos, drawings and more to share with others within the school and the broader community. With the Book Creator app, kids aren't just reading books, but creating them!
Dan Kemp is Tools for School’s Marketing & Community Manager. He spends his time spreading the word about Book Creator and supporting people who use it.