This is now the simplest way to create comic books on your iPad.
Watch the video and then read on…
New comic layouts and styles
- Use panels to layout your comic books.
- Add images to your panels from your photo library or using the iPad’s camera.
- Choose from the new range of comic styles.
- Use the preset titles or customise your own.
- Add drop shadow, thought bubbles, borders and more.
Cool new backgrounds
- Choose from the comic-style backgrounds.
- You can still use all the previous backgrounds and solid colours in Book Creator.
- Add stickers from the library and resize them.
- Choose text or write your own words on top of the blank stickers.
- More stickers to come – what should we add next?
“Every teacher should try this with their students. Book Creator is the easiest and most comprehensive way to bring comics to the classroom.”Teacher and Technology Specialist Nikolaos Chatzopolous, from Florida
Is this a free update?
Yes, Comics is included in the full, paid version of Book Creator.
If you have the free, trial version of Book Creator then Comics is only available with the in-app upgrade.
The paid version is just $4.99 / £3.99, and for schools there is a 50% discount for bulk purchases through Apple’s Volume Purchasing Program.
Your comic books
You’ve been quick to start making comic books! Here are some of the efforts we’ve spotted on Twitter so far…
— Brigitte Léonard (@BrigitteProf) October 12, 2015
— Susan Sey (@SeySusan) October 10, 2015
— Rolfe Kolbe (@rolfek) October 11, 2015
— Mark Anderson (@ICTEvangelist) October 13, 2015
— Lenka Říhová (@isencz) October 10, 2015
— Amy Winstead (@AmyWinstead) October 11, 2015
Dan Kemp is Tools for School’s Marketing & Community Manager. He spends his time spreading the word about Book Creator and supporting people who use it.