Book Creator is an invaluable tool for New York educators. This user-friendly platform empowers teachers to foster creativity and critical thinking skills in their students no matter the age, ability or literacy level.
What’s happening in NY?
Book Creator is taking off across NY state – check our stats!
How NY schools can work with us
Tools for Schools, Inc. has been awarded a statewide contract so that school districts can work with their BOCES or RIC for purchasing Book Creator. We are Edlaw-2d compliant and have proudly achieved COPPA and FERPA Certification from the Internet Keep Safe Alliance.
We are also an approved vendor for NYCDOE schools (#TOO942360 01) and are committed to supporting every student and teacher across the state.
How we align to standards
To help guide you through an easy and successful implementation, we’ve curated a list of Book Creator activities and resources which align to NYSED CS/DF Learning standards.
Where can you find us?
We’d love to meet you in person. Check out where our NY team will be in the next few months!
- Book Creator is a fantastic open-ended creation tool. It gives students the space to capture their learning in any subject area throughout the school year. My favorite feature is using voice recordings to tell a story, and the new graphic organizers!Dr. Monica BurnsBook Creator Ambassador, NY educator and author of EdTech Essentials
- I love using Book Creator to curate and create educational ideas and resources. It is incredibly versatile and nurtures accessible creativity for all learners. It has a plethora of multimedia elements that enhance the creation process.Laurie GuyonLead Coordinator for Instructional Technology Programs, WSWHE BOCES
- Book Creator is the little black dress of tech tools. Everybody can learn it, use it, and create something professional-looking with it. With its multimedia and accessibility features, Book Creator was the perfect platform for our digital books.Kristina HolzweissEdtech librarian, Syosset High School
- As a tech integrator, Book Creator has become one of my go-to tools to share with educators. It is extremely versatile and can be used in any grade level and with any subject area. Book Creator has many tools incorporated which are user friendly for both teachers and students.Dan WodzarcazkTechnology Integrator, Erie 1 BOCES
- I had been struggling to get into classrooms, but once I started sharing Book Creator my schedule has been packed! It has been a game changer and completely opened classroom doors for me and I’m finally teaching classes, integrating curriculum, and being a tech coachMichelle ManningTechnology Integration Instructional Specialist, Smithtown CSD
Newburgh Enlarged City School District
NYSED Computer Science and Digital Fluency Standards books
Looking for a winning formula to drive impactful use of Book Creator?
Book Creator meets Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) standards in the US