Create ebooks on your desktop PC, laptop and tablet.
We are proud to introduce Book Creator for Windows, released on the Windows Store on 23 June. What’s more, we’re giving it away for free.
Book Creator comes to desktop
Book Creator for Windows brings our simple ebook creator interface to a desktop and laptop for the first time.
With over 15 million ebooks made with the iPad and Android app, we’re really pleased to welcome Windows into the Book Creator family. We’ve taken all the features that authors love from our tablet app and given them a distinctly ‘Windows-esque’ makeover.
With Book Creator for Windows you can:
- Create books on a Windows tablet, laptop or desktop with an easy-to-use interface
- Edit text and apply rich formatting with more than 40 fonts to choose from
- Add photos and video or record audio
- Utilise the drawing tool for illustrations and annotations
- Read books with the in-app reader
- Draft books in the ePub format to publish work on Apple’s iBooks Store or the Google Play Store
- Send books by email or upload to OneDrive for quick and easy sharing
Read your books on a PC
With a built-in reader, Book Creator for Windows offers a handy solution for sharing the books you’ve made in on the iPad and Android tablets.
In the past, you’d need to rely on people owning an Apple device with the iBooks app installed. Now you can recommend Book Creator for Windows for those people who own a PC or laptop.
— Microsoft Education (@microsofteduk) June 24, 2015
— Creative Bloq (@CreativeBloq) June 27, 2015
— 1800Pocket/PC (@1800PocketPC) June 23, 2015
Book Creator for Windows – Create Multimedia eBooks via Free Technology for Teachers – Book … http://t.co/GjfKuuJWca
— Richard Byrne (@rmbyrne) June 23, 2015
Book Creator for Windows brings eBook App to desktop for free http://t.co/JVcTeudA1Q
— Mark Anderson (@ICTEvangelist) June 23, 2015
— Tony Vincent (@tonyvincent) June 24, 2015
— Monica Burns (@ClassTechTips) July 2, 2015