Login today and start creating books at app.bookcreator.com
We’re excited to share that the beta testing is now complete and we are ready for use in your classroom. A huge thank you to the 4000+ teachers who tried out the app this summer and provided their feedback. We’ve listened carefully and have added several great new features for you and your students!
- Book Creator is coming to the web (Feb 2017)
- Book Creator for Chrome open for beta testing (June 2017)
- We’ve made some improvements to Book Creator for Chrome (Nov 2017)
- Real-time collaboration comes to Book Creator for Chrome (March 2018)
Google Image Search
In Book Creator for Chrome, you can use Google Image Search to find the perfect photo for your project.
When you tap the + button and select Import, you can now search for images on Google. Rest assured that safe-search is enabled, and all the images have full permission to be used in your books. You can also disable the feature altogether in a library’s settings if you prefer students to only use their own images.
Combine books in any layout
Perfect for classroom collaboration, why not get students to create a page individually, and when they’re done, the teacher can combine them all into one class book. Click on the bookshelf icon beneath a book’s cover and choose Combine Books to try it out!
If you love this feature from Book Creator on the iPad, we have made the Chrome version even better. You can now combine multiple books in one click, and they can even be different shapes.
Create your class library
Login as a teacher, then create a library – you’ll get an invite code so your students can join. It’s as simple as that – a great way to organise and share your books.
Want to store a book in Google Drive, or read in iBooks on an iPad, or import into Book Creator for iPad? Well now you can!
All new Getting Started tutorial
We hope Book Creator is super simple to use, but if you need some extra help you’ll now see a tutorial when you first sign in. If you were a beta tester just click on your avatar and choose ‘Reset Tutorial’ to add it to your bookshelf.
Here’s a full list of features in Book Creator for Chrome:
- 50 hand-picked typefaces to choose from
- Add images or take photos
- Bring in photos from the web with Google Image Search
- Drop in video or music, even record your voice
- Use the pen tool to draw or annotate
- Use shapes and arrows to explain your ideas
- Portrait, square or landscape layouts
- Comic templates – panels, stickers and speech bubbles
- Publish your book online
- Download and save the book as an ePub file
- Combine books in any layout
- Create your class library and invite students to join
Get started for free
Teachers start off with 40 books + 1 library for free. If you need more books/ full details of the pricing can be found at bookcreator.com/pricing.
“I’ve always told teachers that as attractive as free apps and services are, there are always some that are worth paying for. With paid apps you invariably get more features, less ads, better support, and can usually rely on those apps not to disappear overnight. For me, Book Creator fits that criteria perfectly. It’s versatile, encourages creativity and is easy to learn, so I have no problem recommending it to others as an must-have app for any classroom device.”Jonathan Wylie, Digital Learning Consultant