You can now share media from other apps directly into Book Creator.
The latest update to Book Creator is now in the App Store with support for sharing audio, video, image and text straight into Book Creator from other apps. Sharing works from Google Drive, Dropbox, the Photos app, iMovie and more.
Previously, you had to save any photo or video to the iPad Camera Roll first – now you can do it directly. What’s more, you couldn’t share audio tracks at all before, without exporting them to a computer with iTunes.
To get started you’ll need to enable the sharing activity for Book Creator.
From another app tap on the share icon then scroll through the list of apps to the 3 dots. Tap on this and enable Book Creator.
Also in this release
- New design for the Add item + picker, making is easier to find things.
- You can make speech and thought bubbles much smaller.
- We’ve dramatically reduced how much space the app uses.
- Drop shadows on shapes work again.
- Some bug fixes for shapes moving position in imported books.
One of Dan’s favourite jobs is hearing the stories of how Book Creator is used to bring joy to classrooms all over the world, and he happily retells these stories on these pages!